Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day3JNAC - 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge: Half and Half

So this is turning out to be *quite* the learning experience.  Things I learned yesterday: the answer to the question "Do I still need to wait several minutes after applying quick dry top coat before trying nail art with Scotch tape?" (the answer is yes); pulling tape off not-completely-dry polish creates a cool, but undesirable effect; sometimes doing lines freehand is easier; using a second color to completely cover the basecoat color is easier said than done.

However, like usual, Girly Bits did not disappoint.  Although My Ten Friends will always hold a special place in my heart, Girly Bits is quickly becoming possibly my second favorite indie brand.  The formula is so amazing that it doesn't require clean-up if you've got good technique.  Unless I slip, I'm able to paint with BOTH my hands without clean-up being warranted.  Dries quickly and the wear on it is AMAZING.  Tomorrow will be my third day wearing it and I'm willing to bet I'll end the day with hard-to-notice tip wear.  Oh, and she also makes pretty colors. ;)

Today's nail art is half and half.  Of course, this was WAY cooler in my head... also would've helped if I was patient with the tape.  Ah well, live and learn.  I used What Happens in Vegas Ends Up on Facebook (2014 version) and What Happens in Vegas Ends Up on Instagram (2014 version).  I wish the camera would capture the stunning glitters in this better - they're a gorgeous surprise.  The purple glitter in particular is breathtaking.  Maybe tomorrow's sun pictures will do it justice.

Indoor Lighting






No comments:

Post a Comment