Friday, December 23, 2011

Freebie Friday's Review Roundup

I have participated in several Sampler Village boxes and each time I send in 100 samples so I earn a free box.  As a result, I get the joy of trying out and reviewing lots of great samples from several amazing fellow shops.  Here are my thoughts on the products I have tried so far from the Nov/Dec box; all four I will be a repeat customer for:


Farm Hussy
Website
Item: Whipped Soy Glace scented Gift Hog
Seller's Description of scent: "You are sure to be rooting through the gift pile if your snout gets a pre-Xmas whiff of this chewy ooey gooey frosting on butter cookies, candied cherries and fruits, powdered sugar and candy sprinkles."
My Review:  I can't stop raving about Farm Hussy - I just can't get enough of her products!  I was so stoked to get a sample of hers in my box.  Of course, the Glace is just as dreamy as the other lotions I've tried.  I LOVE the scent - it is my MOST FAVORITE now!  It smells like a bubblegum/cotton candy/cherry snowcone on steroids at a crazy carnival.  If it made my arm edible when I put it on, I'd eat my own arm.  It just smells crazy divine and I wish it were a food.


Sebastien's Nook
Facebook and Etsy
Item: Cranberry Chutney Soap Bar sample size.
Seller's Description: "Cranberry Chutney - Yankee Candle Type has to be one of my favorite scents for this season. Fresh cranberries, orange zest, rosemary, raisins, and a touch of golden honey make this a delectable addition to your holiday decorations. Not to mention this bar is chock full of skin loving emollients such as Jojoba oil infused with calendula, Goat's Milk, honey, and Aloe. Its rich lather will keep you coming back for more."
My Review: Considering practically everything in my box was scented Cranberry or colored Cranberry, I'm thinking Cranberry is the scent of the season!  This scent stood above the rest, even if it is a dupe of a non-handmade product. ;)  I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of lather from this little bar - probably the most soapy soap I've ever used.  I am a big fan of goat's milk in products, and this bar doesn't disappoint in its softness.  Even though it may look like a hand-drying plain glycerin bar to the layman, don't be fooled - it is far from that.


Bonny N Clyde aka B n C
Facebook and Etsy
Item: Solid perfume in lip balm tube scented Desire.
Seller's Description of scent: "Blend of citrus, geranium, jasmine, lily of the valley, amber, vanilla, vetiver, botanical musk and ylang ylang."
My Review: Now, I'm really picky about scents so samples are always a must for me because my sniffer can go either way.  I was really pleasantly surprised with this one - while it may seem like a strong heavy scent at first, it really isn't.  I'd say it's more of a winter scent, but I usually just wear whatever scent I want no matter the season.  It comes in a lip balm tube because it's a solid perfume, a genius idea, I think.  Having long fingernails, I don't do solid B&B products in pots.  Besides, gets your fingers all messy.  It was really easy to apply and I love that - just "roll" it on and go!  I could immediately tell it was working off the warmth of my pulse points, and I smelled it all day.


OhSoySweet
Facebook and Etsy
Item: Snowflake sachet ornament
Seller's Description: "The sachet has been filled with scented Cellulose (corn cob) fibers. The corn cob fibers are a wonderful scent holder and will last for many months.  The sachet smells like a freshly fallen snow on a cold winters day."
My Review: I really thought this was a great idea.  I love the scent, and want to have it up all year round so I hung it up on my front door knob.  My cat apparently thought it was a great product, too, because I came back to a shredded ornament after being gone a couple days. :(  So I'll have to figure out some way to fix it.  I think this is a really cool idea that she could market all year round - I wouldn't mind having it in another scent or two.  Maybe even put one in the car.  The scent is unique and refreshing, and I like that.  It can get old being exposed to the same scents all the time so I'm enjoying this new one. 




{{Each Friday I do a multitude of short reviews to sum up my experiences with free product I used since the last posting.  I am not compensated for my reviews other than the fact that I did not pay for the product.  However, this product was earned through Facebook contests or other free contest means through my own efforts.  The shops are not notified of the review until posted.}}

No comments:

Post a Comment